Purple Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
Ingredients: (All ORGANIC, if you can find)
2 medium purple sweet potatoes
1 stick Earth Balance butter
3/4 cups of raw cane sugar(season according to your taste)
1/2 can Coconut Cream (No extra fillers)
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp nutmeg
2 frozen vegan-friendly pie crusts
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Thaw and bake pie crusts for five minutes. Take out and set aside
3. Boil sweet potatoes until soft and drain.
4. Mash hot sweet potatoes with butter. The heat from the potatoes should completely melt butter.
5. Combine and blend all ingredients in blender for about 2-3 minutes. Consistency should be like a thick pourable fondue.
6. Pour mixture into partially baked pie crusts.
7. Place pies on cookie sheet in oven for 20-30 minutes. Watch carefully! May boil over if left too long. When crust is golden brown, pie is done.
8. Let cool at room temperature or refrigerate to help pie firm up.
SN: The purple sweet potato is seasonal. I was able to find them organic in Publix.
Purchase Coconut Cream here: https://amzn.to/38tc2gi